Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (SAFF)
Friday - Saturday, Oct. 27 - 28, 9a-6p; Sunday, Oct. 29, 9a-4p
The largest fiber fair in our area. Classes available as well as shopping.
Saturday, Oct. 28
A privately owned village of historic cabins, open one day a year to the public. Must get tickets ahead of time via the internet, or through someone who volunteers at Hart Square, or by volunteering yourself. Please call Shirley Young if interested in demonstrating. People are especially needed to demonstrate flax processing (historic dress required).
Spinning at The Fibre Studio
Saturday, Nov. 4, 10a-4p.
Our Next Meeting
We meet in Gastonia, NC at Arts on Main 212 West Main Ave at 2:00 pm on the third Sunday of each month, September — November and January — May. We offer programs related to fiber arts each month, as well as workshops, several times each year, with regionally and nationally known artists. Visitors and guests are welcome.
We will meet on the following days:
- October 15, 2017 — A 4-person panel on what it takes to having a running farm
- November 19, 2017 — Documentation of Work, PC Weaver Application, Ravelry & Paper
- December 17, 2017 — (Christmas Party! Members only)
- January 21, 2018 (TBD)
- February 18, 2018 — Fitting crocheted garments from the Get Squared method
- March 18, 2018 — Dying through the Seasons
- April 15, 2018 — Making Good Color Choices
- May 20, 2018 — Final meeting - Board members for 2018/2019 installed